Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Sitting across from him tonight!









There he is, sitting in his favorite chair playing a video game. I am sitting on the couch eating some pizza watching an old t.v. show, thinking this is lame! After 26 years of marriage; Oh what a shame!
I am beginning to feel like the character Evelyn Couch from the movie Fried Green Tomatoes, if you know what I mean! Can you say green?

Towanda!

Towanda!

Towanda!

The only time he speaks an extra word is when he notices that there is food on the table, and then it is "yes dear, I know," and sometimes I even get a "yep!"
 As we eat our dinner in silence, I wonder when we lost our pep!
There he is, snoring in his favorite chair. Geese, it is so noisy since the kids went away! 
Who is this guy that I sleep next to each and every day?
 As I sit here doing my homework, munching on some chips,
 I have begun to ponder is this all that is left, I wonder?
The ceiling fan above our bed has been wobbling for about a year now, but recently, it really has begun to bug me some how!
The dinner bell rang and I asked once more,
"honey will you please have a look at that fan, I implore?"
Last night, I came home and the fan was still the same!
 I think he is purposefully trying to drive me insane! 
Last night, I ate a burrito before I went to bed 
and you would never believe the thoughts I had running through my head!
I contemplated removing a fan blade to balance it out,
and then I thought; 
oh, what if I hit him with it, just to hear him shout!

Towanda!

Towanda!

No, no that is not me! I need to embrace this new hobby!
Writing these blogs will be fun
and it is something that I can do it until the next dinner bell is wrung. 
When the kids come to visit I will ask him to keep it down.
And when he asks me why, I will say cause the kids are back in town. 



For kicks and giggles check this out! (https://youtu.be/71Ai_3_XfPA)  









4 comments:

  1. I loved this!!! So creative and funny. This almost sounds like me and my boyfriend.I can talk all day and he has his one word response

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would write LMAO if that was appropriate! I love how you not only captured a real moment in time, but made it more with your poem. Fried Green Tomatoes is my favorite book and movie by the way! Towanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would write LMAO if that was appropriate! I love how you not only captured a real moment in time, but made it more with your poem. Fried Green Tomatoes is my favorite book and movie by the way! Towanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious! Although I don't have a partner in crime, I have seen this happen in other scenarios. I love how you made your poem seem like a short story while at the same time keeping the sound and shape of a poem. :)

    ReplyDelete